You found the perfect home for you and your family, but now it’s time to think about how you’ll be getting all of your treasured mementos, furniture and belongings from your current space to your new one. Planning a residential move can be stressful, but partnering with a professional moving service can take a lot of the pressure off. What can you expect during your residential move?
Preparation Is Key
When getting ready for your move, you should focus on allowing your movers to pack, load and unload anything necessary. If you are handling some parts of the process on your own, you should get advice from your moving company about how best to pack up your home. Utilize high-quality, sturdy packing supplies and don’t be afraid to use extra bubble wrap! When packing, you should always pack anything you’ll need to access first, like medications or things for the road, in a box that you can take with you in your personal vehicle. You should also label each box with what is inside and where the box should be placed in your new home.
The Moving Day Process
While plenty of planning goes into your residential move, that doesn’t mean that there might not be small speed bumps along the way. Providing that inclement weather isn’t an issue, and you are prepared, you can expect the moving day process to look something like this:
- The moving company will arrive and review what you want to be packed in your vehicle and what will be transported in a company vehicle.
- Movers will finish packing, load up the truck and drive to your new home or property.
- You will walk through your home to make sure that everything has been taken, and head to your new home.
- The moving company will take care of unloading all of your boxes and furniture into your new house while taking into account any labels on the boxes indicating where they should be placed.
- The movers will take care of reviewing everything to make sure that everything has been delivered and unloaded properly.
- You will start the unpacking process and enjoy your new home!
Have an Easy Residential Move with Perry Moving & Storage
Perry Moving & Storage is the preferred moving and storage company of Baltimore and Washington businesses and homeowners. To learn more about how our state-of-the-art trucks, equipment and moving supplies can make your office relocation smooth and seamless, call us today at (410) 799-0022.